Saturday, March 22, 2008

More shopping and piture dilema!

OK, so I was able to find the in Stich'z from http://www.embellishonline.com/. I am so excited!! I have been wanting them for so long with no luck. Well, most places have them, but not the ones that I wanted.

Last night I decided to start organizing the pictures I want to do for my Disney book while at my crop next month. I narrowed my pics for each LO and started putting them into the sleeves of my book. So here comes the problem. The book had an original 20 pages. I added about 30 more and guess what? I haven't even used up 1/2 of my pictures and I am out of sleeves. This is going to be a HUGE book. I need to go buy about 4 more packs maybe even more. We took almost 3,000 pictures while there and I want to show everything. So, how do you narrow down your pics when you have so many? Usually I only do 2-3 pics of something but since I am making a book just for this trip, I want everything in it. Have you ever gotten carried away and scrapped everything?? What did you do to simplify your book. Any ideas would be helpful.

3 comments:

Heather said...

The hardest part of scrapping for me is narrowing down pics. I'm a picture taking freak, lol, I love taking pics. One of my friends jokes that I'll take 500 pics of one flower. ;)

On my week long Disney trip in October, I took over 4000 pics (plus photo pass pics.) I've done over 60 layouts (80 pages) so far, and I'm not even close to being done. I typed out a list of what I want to scrap from the trip, and from that I did a rough figure of how many layouts I need to do if I scrap everything that I plan to... about 150! To make matters more complicated, I recently took a mini Disney trip, who knows when I can scrap THAT one! But, you know what, I really love it. I relive each memory as I scrap each layout, and it helps with my not-being-at-Disney depression. ;)

So, I guess I'm not really helping you to simplify! Some of my LOs have one pic, some have 7, it just depends. Even before I left for the trip, I knew the scrapbook was going to be several albums. My friend needed 3 albums, and that's basically what I'm doing. Character pages in one album, and then maybe Magic Kingdom in the 2nd, the other parks in a third.

If I haven't bored you yet, here's my pages so far (plus a few I haven't uploaded yet!)
http://heatherw.com/other/gallery/v/other/scrapbook/dis07

BTW, I saw you are from Philly. I'm from the area in NJ :) Oh, and I found your blog from the Cricut board, in case you wondered how I got here!

Robyn said...

You are going to have so much fun making your Disney album!! We are going to Disney in October and I am sure I will take a ton of pictures!!! I'll probably have one big family vacation album and then put some of the pages in my kids' albums.

Heather Bares said...

The last Disney trip I took about 1000 pictures and used up the majority of them in my books. Yes, books. I have 4 complete albums for the one trip. We just got back in January, so I have tons more pictures to scrap and I can't wait to dive into those!! I love scrapping Disney!